Who we are
Faber Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in the delivery of consumer and corporate insolvency services. We are a dynamic and multi-disciplined team of Chartered Professional Accountants, Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals, Licensed Insolvency Trustees, Consumer Proposal Administrators and Certified Insolvency Counsellors collaboratively providing forward thinking debt solutions to a diverse clientele.
Founded in 1997, Faber Inc. has grown from a single office location to multiple office locations strategically positioned throughout Alberta. We attribute our growth to our team of keen and knowledgeable professionals who pride themselves in client service excellence through the delivery of clear, concise and timely debt restructuring plans.
Our growth presents us with an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analyst to join our professional team in Edmonton. This opportunity will appeal to a professional with strong leadership capabilities, an entrepreneurial spirit, complex problem solving and dispute resolution capabilities, and a passion to build positive working relationships amongst a diverse clientele from a range of disciplines.
The role we offer
- Meet with prospective clients to gain a thorough understanding of their unique financial position, challenges and objectives
- Develop and present prospective clients with legislative and non-legislative debt restructuring plans to resolve their unique financial challenges and achieve their financial objectives
- Meet with clients to explain the content, responsibilities and execution of debt restructuring plans
- Meet with clients to deliver financial counselling sessions
- Ongoing verbal and written communication with clients and stakeholders including creditors, the Court, and the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB)
- Proactively manage a client base of personal bankruptcy and consumer proposal engagements in collaboration with fellow team members
- Verify the accuracy of information received from clients and stakeholders
- Perform comprehensive file reviews
- Prepare detailed, comprehensive and accurate financial reviews and written reports for submission to clients and stakeholders including creditors, the Court and the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB)
- Collaborate with team members to further develop internal systems, and processes to improve upon best practices
- Promote yourself and Faber through the delivery of presentations, community involvement and volunteer activities
The candidate we seek
- Minimum five years of personal bankruptcy and consumer proposal experience in a senior position managing a client base of personal bankruptcy and consumer proposal engagements
a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) with a minimum five years of public practice accounting experience with a strong desire to pursue a career in a challenging, rewarding and multi-disciplined career that encompasses accounting and law
- A positive, professional and willing attitude with a strong commitment to client service
- An outgoing personality with the acumen to gain the confidence and trust of clients
- Self-motivated and career focused with a high degree of integrity
- A thirst for knowledge to gain a thorough understanding of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA) and other legislation governing insolvency and property laws including the Alberta Personal Property Security Act (PPSA)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, primarily, word, excel and power point
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely with clients, team members, and stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys a fast paced and multi faceted environment with strong organizational and time management skills to adhere to strict deadlines
- Enjoys a team environment that listens and respects individual opinions, suggestions and appreciates individual contributions
- The desire and passion to pursue a career with a firm where honesty, integrity, respect and open communication forms part of its core values and rewards personal commitment while encouraging a healthy life and work balance
- Possess a strong desire to advance personally and professionally within the firm
The education and experience we require
- A business diploma or degree
- Completed or working towards completion of the Insolvency Counsellor’s Qualification Course
- Completed or working towards the CAIRP Insolvency Administration Course
- Working towards completion or a strong desire to complete the Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP) Qualification Program
- Minimum five years of experience in a senior position within an insolvency environment or
- A CPA with a minimum five years of experience in a senior position within a public practice accounting environment
The compensation we provide
Faber Inc. provides a competitive compensation package, fully paid benefit package, paid professional courses, development and training with annual bonuses for exceptional service.
If you think you have what it takes to be a Senior Analyst at Faber apply today for this exciting and rewarding career opportunity by submitting your resume and cover letter in strict confidence to:
5807 – 104 Street
Edmonton, AB. T6H 2K4
Dan McDicken, CIRP, LIT
President & CEO
We thank all of those that apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you all for making a not so happy time a positive learning experience.Kelvin & Deb J.